Partygoer


I was all dressed up and ready to go!

The spiny snake had seemed a great idea,

it fitted my pricklier than a hedgehog mood

when I chose it yesterday.


I imagined myself slithering 

round the drinkers,

the canapé eaters

and the dancers,

snapping at their ankles.

I imagined their surprise

and how I would laugh!


I thought in passing

about the Health and Safety issues,

all those feet ready to trample me,

such negative thoughts, 

but they passed

slithered away 

like snakes in the grass.


I decided to practice a bit,

found some snacks to nibble

and lay prone to work on my slither

but somehow I became distracted

lying there, so comfy,

eating cake, so comforting,

and a little drink, so calming

when taken with mindless TV.


I’m not ready to party now.

I shall just lie here dreamily dreaming.



https://www.ekphrastic.net/the-ekphrastic-challenges/ekphrastic-writing-responses-daphna-kato-curated-by-kate-copeland


Comments

Popular posts from this blog