We’re All Doomed


“We’re all doomed”, he said.

Well, so we are!

From the moment of our birth,

no, before then

some don’t make it that far,

expelled by the body

unknown.


As I child 

I thought

that living

with such knowledge

should be hellish,

impossible to live with

happily.


If I were god,

it would be

my little joke.

Forget Satan 

and his fiery furnace,

the nonsense of an underworld,

the craziness of constant rebirth.

Life is hell.


I explained my theory

at Sunday School

when aged nine

and three-quarters.

It didn’t go down well.

But it still seems to me

that god is the creator

of the first conspiracy theories

and humans still don’t get it.


So he still has the last laugh

after all!


https://www.assignmentmag.com/onlineonly/2022/12/20/zro86a5rowr050kwk4j223v5h8jrj9



Comments

Popular posts from this blog