Elemental


I could have jumped from below

like the others did

but I wanted to show I was braver,

more daring than them.

And I did it!

Scaled the heights

to plumb the depths

and then surfaced free!

Free as a fish!

In my element.

We all were 

as the warm calm sea

seemed to welcome us.


But we found

that elementally 

we were out of place,

too different to integrate,

soon we were out of time

unable to breath

the water trapped air

scrambling

to get out 

get back

into our own element. 


But with no right of return 

and no right to remain,

for some of us the only way was down.


And, as so many have found before,

however high the starting post,

however brave or daring,

sometimes there’s no way back at all.


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Buddha-Zine-44-standard/dp/B0BKHRVWQD?asin=B0BKHRVWQD&revisionId=&format=4&depth=1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog