Scorpio’s Secret


I’ve kept our secret a long time, 

the mystery of our passion

and, ever resourceful, 

I stored it

deep in the watery underworld.

But now I’ve forgotten 

where 

I buried it

and my crabby comrades are long gone.

Their hard shells tell me nothing,

perhaps they never did,

but it was guarded by Pluto

to make sure it was safe.

We had a deal then,

back in the days 

when I thought him reliable

now I’m not sure

if I can trust him.

Perhaps he’s already dug it up

I won’t know till I find him,

if I can find him,

and when I do 

it’s resting place

will remain

my secret.

I’ve already lost our passion,

it’s buried for ever.

And now

I shall become a hermit,

give up my hard shell

keep myself secret,

I need no one else.



https://lothlorienpoetryjournal.blogspot.com/2021/07/four-wonderful-poems-by-lynn-white.html


https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/WhctKKXHBTzgVnlZTvjThJppKczSqlpbRSqhRMBljdPwxSxFZgmLdvDXnPPqJPCLjrwRTqQ



Comments

Popular posts from this blog