The Fall


I'm running downhill

running 

faster and faster.

I'm crossing the bridge now,

still running,

running

to the end of the bridge,

trying to see the end.

But there is no end

and I'm falling now,

falling,

falling.

falling into the arms

of the demons below

with their waving arms

outstretched

and their claws primed

waiting to break my fall

and swallow me up

into their depths.

I grasp at the air,

cling to the wind

flailing,

falling.

flailing.

Then,

I’m clinging 

to a hopeful ray of sunshine

to carry me up,

to take me with it

into the light.

Now

I'm floating,

floating,

floating upwards or down.

It's not clear,

am I still falling or am I

floating upwards

into the light.



https://orangeblushzine.wixsite.com/home/obz3




Comments

Popular posts from this blog