Strange Fruit


“If this is justice I’m a banana,”

I remember this being said

and I liked the sound of it

humour and pathos 

combined

incongruously.

So sometimes I used those words

to express how I was feeling

in various situations.

But strangely

the oddness,

and incongruity

of the expression

impressed no one.

So I moved on to express myself

with different words, 

forgot about it,

until now

when the sight of a banana

hanging singly by it’s stem

on a hook not made for the purpose

(how could it be?),

made me realise

that the banana,

a fruit with no juice

and usually no seeds,

is always incongruous

always out of place

wherever it appears.


https://cajunmuttpress.wordpress.com/2020/11/05/cajun-mutt-press-featured-writer-11-04-20/?fbclid=IwAR3C71olefG7CfMNig6C_pnMahbzaq1UZisuo6gh3tWnvA7SOO-5M7SUTCE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog