A Study In Drowning


Like Stevie’s young man, 

I was too far out  

much too far out

and not waving

I didn’t want the attention

that waving would draw

to my foolishness

or precociousness

or my stubbornness

when I’d gone too far,

wouldn’t want to be judged

on my waywardness.

But I wasn’t drowning.

I floundered a bit

frantically

before

I found I could float,

go with the flow

for a while

and then kick off against the current

in my own direction.

Sometimes I reached the safety

of the shore

and stayed close for a while

but only for a while,

only for a while

I stayed

too far out all my life

but not waving or drowning.


https://braveandrecklessblog.com/2024/01/04/nprs-books-we-love-a-study-in-drowning-lynn-white/?fbclid=IwAR0smiwwJ_tjRWkGSqSxp2AS-BS0-Tr9aX8OXfRSMo3KJrmcWj3eDvVwZec


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog