My Bag


I had a lifetime of projects,

that I carried round in a plastic bag.

A paper bag would have been better

environmentally,

but plastic is more durable.

And it needed to be.

It has had to last a lifetime,

my bag.


A lifetime of ideas,

thoughts,

doings and sayings

carefully annotated and stored

for use sometime later.

To be finished, or started

sometime later.


I can add an idea,

capture a thought,

write it down

and it would be

safe there

in my bag.


Soon I needed something bigger 

thicker and stronger.

But then it became too heavy

my new bag.

Who would have thought 

that dreams

could be so heavy.


So now when I can no longer lift it

I ponder,

is my life empty

with everything inside

my bag.


https://visualverse.org/submissions/my-bag/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog