After All Once, in Ireland one million died, and one million more fled for their lives, the equivalent of the population of Gaza before….. And no help came when the potato crop was blighted. Still potatoes were exported, the farmers betrayed whilst landlords did well. The colonialists did well. They always do. So, Ireland knows how betrayal feels in the depth of its turf, in the depth of its being, its rock, its stones, its body filled bogs, its bleached bones knows that change comes only with survival. So Ireland leads its history shows its time to speak out to send Aid to make a stand un-welcomed again by the most powerful. After all Ireland knows how lives are blighted. https://dsmag.in/2026/09/27/lynn-whites-two-poems-7/
Popular posts from this blog
Now I Am Bald Now I am bald and a fashionista by default, as it was never my fashion before and no one followed me but now, heads are shaved as if following in my footsteps, following my trail of discarded hair now lost with my identity. Now I am bald, my head as naked as my fears fears I can’t lose, fears unattached while my hair is un-attachable, filling the teeth of my comb, and lying on my pillow in tufts of terror. Chemo does that - forces me to hunger for my loss forces me to follow or face my fate bewigged Now I am bald. https://uglywriters.com/2026/10/07/now-i-am-bald/?fbclid=IwY2xjawUy8thleHRuA2FlbQIxMQBwZG9mAXNydGMGYXBwX2lkEDIyMjAzOTE3ODgyMDA4OTIAAR78TnSz41FYCqV1spRCA1l06cwi0aYGvBDx0w9zzZPIBdEcoDr9oNatiVOInA_aem_OO4uDfNYUvFs2F5tf6A8wg
Stripy Jerseys There were a lot of ragwort plants around the library. Some were bare of leaves and covered with orange and black stripy jersey caterpillars. Others were lush and green with leaves and devoid of caterpillars. As usual the family planning strategy of the cinnabar moth left much to be desired. I began to transfer them carefully from the leafless to the lush. I stood back to admire my achievement, momentarily disconcerted when a rather stern looking stranger asked what I was doing. I explained. “Huh”, she said, “I’ve been doing the same over the other side. I though it was only me who does this.” It was a strange way to begin a friendship but it lasted all her life. I think maybe I should go to the grave in the woodland, where her body lies and scatter a few ragwort seeds. Maybe the moths will come each year and make a living memorial. She would like that, I think. https://poetsespresso.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/1/6/121689046/volume_15_is._2_template_-_copy.pdf


Comments
Post a Comment