Who Are You


Who are you?

Will I find you in your words, 

the ones you write.

Or are you between the lines,

hiding there.

I think I can discern you there.

But you know me so well 

maybe you control these spaces too. 

Infiltrate them as well,

so well, that you can hide

there, in the spaces,

the hidden places,

between the lines,

between the words

I’m reading.


Perhaps I can read you 

in the sounds.

the melodies,

the cacophonies

created by your words.

Are you there?


Maybe it's the language of your body 

that will reveal you.

But not the practiced gestures,

the performance,

the masquerade.

I will have to slowly unpick the mask

and unwrap your dreams.

Then will I find you

and know who you are.



https://masticadoresusa.wordpress.com/2023/10/20/who-are-you-by-lynn-white/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog