Dead Peoples Stuff For Sale


“Tell it how it is,” the manager said,

when she asked me to write the sign 

and design the promotional material.

”Something eye-catching

and straightforward.”

Well, 

I usually knew the owners,

and the people who were once owners.

I’ve lived here long enough,

longer than she has.

So I should know.

Yes,

I knew they were no longer with us.

I didn’t know if their past possessions 

were antiques,

or nearly new,

or even used

or slightly soiled.

But I knew the one time owners,

knew they were no longer with us.

So I did as I was asked.

It was a snappy caption,

I thought.

Certain to grab the attention of 

potential buyers.

Yes,

I always follow instructions,

I explained at my next job interview

and I know how to tell it how it is.



https://uglywriters.com/2020/09/06/dead-peoples-stuff-for-sale/?fbclid=IwAR3elKS3KzU1RxrY-hJeMwrBDtr4e-J96Ovh8fYDixpkw_AyTAbFUrJaw74


Comments

Popular posts from this blog