Photo Opportunity I watched the man crossing the path underneath the cascade of the waterfall. It had been part of the route wine was carried from the high lands, to be sold on the coast. Back in the old days, that was. But the old days weren’t very long ago. He seemed confident as he placed a foot carefully in each of the footholds hacked into the precipitous rock face. He gripped the thick metal hawser attached to the rock with strong metal rings. Gripped it firmly and proceeded slowly one step at a time. I had a camera and I thought that it was a picture he would like to have when he was dry and safe back on terra firma. Then I thought, suppose he falls, falls into the waves, to be smashed against the rocks far below. I didn’t want to have such a picture, a picture of someone’s last moments and I thought, to take it may jinx his journey and even cause him to fall. So I never took the picture. But it made no difference. The man fell anyway. https://coldrambler.blogspot.com/2024...
Popular posts from this blog
Again And Again Never again the holocaust of Jews, of Slavs, of dissenters, of the mixed or mismatched ethnicity. Gassed starved beaten enslaved dying. Never again the swarms of refugees left behind fleeing dying pleading to be let in anywhere dying unwanted. Never again. That’s what they said then. But then in Asia in Africa in the Middle East in south America it happened again. And now in Gaza it’s happening again. Again and again and again. https://visiblemagazine.com/again-and-again/
They Thought It Time They thought it time to build a cathedral with gothic towers reaching into the clouds. It seemed time but as it rose the dry ground crumbled and cracked around it leaving only a few distorted stones behind. It had seemed like time but it was too late, much too late the cracks were already open the foundations had fractured and there was no one to watch as it floated away with the clouds. https://www.lulu.com/shop/som/qutub-minar-review-april-2023-issue/paperback/product-vvdkgw.html?page=1&pageSize=4

Comments
Post a Comment