Living The Dream


'To sleep perchance to dream'.

That’s what he said.

Sounded so gentle,

but there was a rub,

a rough edge to this escape

and I will not accept

that long deathly sleep,

that would see me float

away for ever.

But I will escape,

I have dreams

which can take me anywhere

and take you with me,

take you to places you haven't been

and may not want to go.

Send us spinning,

tumbling,

raging,

spiralling,

crashing

out of control

to an indeterminate end

which you cannot control,

but then, neither can I.

Perhaps daytime dreaming is preferable,

more gentle than it sounds

fitted into a busy schedule.

In wakeful dreams

I can determine the beginning,

at least,

and invite the participants.

Sometimes

they may act out an old story

with a predictable end.

Sometimes 

they can write a new story

which I enjoy

and then


I bring it to life.



https://ourpoetryarchive.blogspot.com/2024/04/lynn-white.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog