Roots

By Lynn White

 

It’s said that you should remember your roots,

remember where you came from,

remember where you belong,

anchored by your long tap root.

But I have fibrous roots too,

growing out strongly from the main tap.

I have spread them out and

put them down in many places,

taken sustenance from them.

They’ve been part of my growth,

fed my main stem and its splits and branches.

I’ve branched out from them and belonged in them all,

all those places.

And some rootlets have broken free

and I’ve left them behind there

no longer belonging to me.

And I’ve left something of myself behind.

Would I find it if I returned?

I don’t think so.

But others may 

still.

 

https://womenspiritualpoetry.blogspot.com/2023/03/roots-by-lynn-white.html?fbclid=IwAR201wNb_Tdc7OusZ2uq7nuoroKP69arewl70ADoXfyqiyILK_k9WR-obW0




Comments

Popular posts from this blog