Bury Me Deep


Bury me deep in the tall meadow grass

and bury me deep in your arms.

Lie with me here in the sun ripening flowers

where the blue of the sky hides the clouds.


Bury me deep in your cool white sheets

and kiss my eyes and my mouth.

And as the warmth of your body flows in to mine

I’ll bury you deep in my arms.


Oh, bury me deep beneath darkening skies

and hold me close to your heart.

And buried deep with our love complete

we’ll sleep covered over in stars.


But the future lies with us heavy and dark.

It has bitter sweet memories of now.

With the tastes of the past buried deep in our love

the tastes of the future are sharp.


I can see both the stars and the blackness of night,

the blindness and brightness of love.

The past and the future cast shadows of time

so bury me deep in your love.


And bury me deep in the tall meadow grass

and I’ll bury you deep in my arms.

And lie with me here in the sun ripened flowers

where the blue of the sky meets the clouds.


https://quilledinkpress.wixsite.com/publishers/the-quilled-ink-review-literary-journal


Comments

Popular posts from this blog