Chaos Theory


On this canvas of my life

it looks as though

butterflies were flapping 

their wings and flitting about

at every opportunity

making trouble

having fun

and shaking things up a bit.


Looking backwards

into the cloud,

I remember  

my lived life

was similarly 

peppered 

with disorder,

irregularities,

random events.

I struggle to discern

underlying patterns,

interconnectedness

or organisation.

It’s regularities

and irregularities

were left to the butterflies

and their flitting and flapping.

In the end they flapped the clouds away.


Tomorrow I shall paint a new canvas

and with the help of the butterflies

I will paint another picture

drawn from my life.

On canvas, I am the butterfly.

I can make the patterns,

the order or disorder.

Others may 

make of it what they will.





https://uglywriters.com/2022/09/05/chaos-theory/?fbclid=IwAR0EebGqK4l-OWkKxhKUDaVMMyKK0pmeNyYh0z-MK2QKEXwH6VWIPwighpQ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog