It’s My Body


It’s my body to imagine,

to construct and shape,

in or out of fashion.

Or so I like to think.


But others 

have different 

imaginings, 

different visions, 

different versions 

of me and my body.

I have to consider these,

to determine my own reality,

have to decide how to engage 

these multiple images

and their projections

to reveal myself to myself,

if I can see them, that is.

For sometimes they are invisible,

as sometimes I am,

existing only in imaginations.


But, it is still my body,

to decide whose versions 

it engages with,

who it entertains.

And who enters

into this conversation.



https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rebloom-Anthology-Resilience-Nikki-Marrone/dp/099569933X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1606817363&sr=8-1



Comments

Popular posts from this blog