Chaos Theory
On this canvas of my life
it looks as though
butterflies were flapping
their wings and flitting about
at every opportunity
making trouble
having fun
and shaking things up a bit.
Looking backwards
into the cloud,
I remember
my lived life
was similarly
peppered
with disorder,
irregularities,
random events.
I struggle to discern
underlying patterns,
interconnectedness
or organisation.
It’s regularities
and irregularities
were left to the butterflies
and their flitting and flapping.
In the end they flapped the clouds away.
Tomorrow I shall paint a new canvas
and with the help of the butterflies
I will paint another picture
drawn from my life.
On canvas, I am the butterfly.
I can make the patterns,
the order or disorder.
Others may
make of it what they will.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog