Walk In The Park
It was to be a long walk
over untrodden ground,
untrodden by me, that is.
My town trilby
would do
as a sun hat
to shield me from the heat.
My boots would cope with
any mud remaining from the
past deluge
and I had purchased a map
and compass.
Just through the park
with the river running by
and the children splashing
about in the shallow water.
Then across the field full of daisies
and over the stile on to the fells.
I could see some tiny figures
of well practiced walkers
already up there.
Maybe
I should have set out earlier.
Maybe
I should have worn my boots in
for a little longer,
they already felt
like they were
rubbing holes
in my feet.
And I was already overheating.
Perhaps I should try again
tomorrow.
I would set out earlier.
Perhaps I should abandon my plan
and my boots and map and
town hat
and sit in that patch of shade
and show those children how
to make daisy chains.
Yes,
that’s a good idea!


CancelFinished Editing
Walk In The Park by Lynn White It was to be a long walk over untrodden ground, untrodden by me, that is. My town trilby would do as a sun hat....READ MORE


BLOGNOSTICS.NET
Walk In The Park by Lynn White It was to be a long walk over untrodden ground, untrodden by me, that is. My town trilby would do as a sun hat....READ MORE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog