Ten Minutes


In the next ten minutes I have to go, 

and you can’t let me just walk 

out of your life again.


Can’t let you! Can’t stop you, I said,

and I won’t try, won’t try.

How can I? What should I do?

Follow you from place to place?

Sit outside your house and chance 

being turned away, by someone?

I don’t know where it is, in any case

and I don’t want to know.


So what’s it to be? A thread?

An occasional email to keep in touch? 

I don’t think so!

Our lives are so distant in every way,

how to join them up?


The trick would be to store the memories

and leave behind the sense of loss.

Ditch the sadness.

But we’ve tried before. And failed.

And we’re running out of years.

If we meet a next time, 

the chances are

we’ll be too old to care.


We need to achieve a modus vivendi, 

that will at least allow 

our lives to touch each other.

Nothing less?


And, in the next ten minutes!

I said.



https://medusaskitchen.blogspot.com/2023/07/masks.html



Comments

Popular posts from this blog