A Blue Whale
Look at them all
swimming round me
taunting me
waving their legs at me
tickling me
pinching me
and swimming away
constantly taunting me.
No wonder I’m depressed.
What a wheeze to make me
the largest creature on the planet
need to eat one of the smallest.
Well Joker, I’m not laughing.
Forty million krill a day
I need to eat
according to Wiki.
Yes, I keep up.
I’m well informed
but it doesn’t help me
doesn’t make me feel better.
To add to the insult
I was given a tiny mouth,
too small for the job.
See, I’m hardly a basking shark
swimming round all day
with my mouth open
so they can swim straight in.
No, it’s open and close
open and close
till my jaw aches.
No wonder I’m blue.
https://blognostics.net/blognostics-an-innovative-experience-in-literature-poetry-and-art/2019/09/13/a-blue-whale-by-lynn-white/





Comments

Popular posts from this blog