What Lies Beneath
I dug up so many things
to create my garden
not only rocks
and pieces of slate
but tools from those who
had worked in this difficult land.
I built walls from the rocks
and edged my new pond in slate.
The tools became decorations
to tell the story of the land.
Then I found the tractor,
or so I thought,
a toy
that some child had played with
dreaming of flat land
with good soil.
Then I looked more closely
and saw it was a soldier
in the driving seat.
Not a tractor
then
but
some sort
of killing machine
I buried it back where it came from.
It seemed the best thing to do with it.
https://blognostics.net/blognostics-an-innovative-experience-in-literature-poetry-and-art/2018/06/01/what-lies-beneath-by-lynn-white/


BLOGNOSTICS.NET
What Lies Beneath by Lynn White I dug up so many things to create my garden not only rocks and pieces of slate but tools from those who....READ MORE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog