Spotlight On Writers

Lynn White


  1. Where, do you hail from?
I'm from Sheffield in northern England originally. I went to college in Liverpool and never went back! So I lived for many years around Merseyside and still love Liverpool but I now live in Blaenau Ffestiniog, a small town in the mountains of north Wales.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?
It's a lovely community - safe, eccentric, beautiful! Pity it rains so much!!!
  1. What turns you on creatively?
It can be almost anything - a phrase in someone else's writing, anger at some humanitarian injustice, a past event which comes to mind. I also enjoy the challenge of writing to a theme or picture prompt.
  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?
In terms of my writing, probably 'dream' because it can mean so many different things. It appears a lot in my writing!
  1. What is your pet peeve?
'Peeve' seems to me quite a small word or one referring to minor irritations rather than the big issues, so I will answer it accordingly! So far as writing goes, I think it would be those who expect to be paid for their work but expect editors/editorial teams to work for free. Scale that up to bigger issues and there are bigger 'peeves' (and bigger egos!) - not least that the only way to derive benefit from work or to have it valued is to be paid cash.
  1. What defines Lynn White? 
I find that difficult to answer, I often wonder about it myself! Possibly people who know me would define me in different ways. I'm very focused, perhaps obsessive when I'm concentrating on something. I don't give up. I don't like loose ends or unfinished business so I see something through to an end that I can feel satisfied with. Increasingly some things going on in the world or so awful I turn off, don't want to know, then something will spark me and I'll be in full campaign mode...


http://spillwords.com/spotlight-on-writers-lynn-white/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog