The Fall
I'm running downhill
running
faster and faster.
I'm crossing the bridge now,
still running,
running
to the end of the bridge,
trying to see the end.
But there is no end
and I'm falling now,
falling,
falling.
falling into the arms
of the demons below
with their waving arms
outstretched
and their claws primed
waiting to break my fall
and swallow me up
into their depths.
I grasp at the air,
cling to the wind
flailing,
falling.
flailing.
Then,
I’m clinging
to a hopeful ray of sunshine
to carry me up,
to take me with it
into the light.
Now
I'm floating,
floating,
floating upwards or down.
It's not clear,
am I still falling or am I
floating upwards
into the light.
Buy mgv2_88 | Swan Song | 04_17 by Walter Ruhlmann (Paperback) online at Lulu. Visit the Lulu…
LULU.COM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog