Blue

Blue skies, blue sea,
a day of sparkling sunshine,
with a shimmering horizon.
And then, out of this blue,
You,
smiling sadly with your lovely blue eyes.


I knew you from the back, you said,
the cut of your hair, your bright blue mac.
I wanted to see your face again,
it’s only fair, you’ve seen mine.
You must have done,
me, being who I am.


I wanted to smell your clean hair smell.
So I took a chance, and here I am.
I wanted to 
abate the sadness.


I nodded. Yes. 
I know it’s true.
It’s all been said 
and we won’t be sad. 
No blue moods
on this bright blue day 
of smiling sunshine.


We’ll go together now, 
for now 
and be glad.
After all, 
one way or another, 
everything will end
in tears, I said,


So let’s take our now time
and chance the rest.


Published in Spillwords, November 2016


                                                             


Comments

Popular posts from this blog