Living Alone and Loving It

I’m living alone and loving it,
that I am.
I had a good ‘un though,
but wouldn’t want to train another.
Takes years to train ‘em.
That couple last night,
what a one she was.
You could see who was boss
in that marriage.
Ain't it funny that 
you picked up on it as well!

I don’t like the shows, though.
That magician was terrible. 
Worst I've seen.
Mind you, magicians are old hat,
In my opinion.
Still, better than sitting on our own
watching the telly.
I think we only watch it out of boredom,
being on our own.
I wouldn’t want another, though.
Well, I had such a good ‘un,
it would’t be fair.

Couldn’t believe it when she said:
“I told my first that I’d divorce him
if he got a pot belly
and look what I’ve ended up with!”
Must have hurt him!
No equal partnership that!
You could see she was boss.
Fancy you picking up on it as well.
Must have hurt him.
Living alone and loving it, I am.
Wouldn’t be fair to have another.
I’d be making comparisons.
He was so meticulous.
If he was taking something to bits
he’d make a drawing first
so he could put it back together.
No wouldn’t be fair.
Fancy us both picking up 
on that woman last night.
Yes, you can see who’s boss
in that marriage.
No, wouldn’t be fair to have another.

Living alone and loving it,
that’s what I am.

First published in Clockwise Cat, Clockwise Rain, June 2016

http://clockwisecat.com/2016/06/clockwise-rain-issue-34/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog