Home Coming
I think that today
will be my home coming day.
I’ll come back.
Back to where I came from,
back to where I belong.
I can root securely now
in this place.
Even though,
I was never here before,
never in this place,
never with this person.
I know I’m home.
I can feel it.
And know I will stay
and that it
and you
will stay
with me.
I must go outside sometimes,
leave sometimes,
of course I must.
But I’m floating free
and I will take it all with me.
It has become
part of my being,
so I can’t move away.
Can’t separate us.
This place and this person,
have engulfed me.
Surrounded me in sweetness
and brought me back
from wherever I was,
brought me home,
made me complete,
carrying them with me
always.

First published by Silver Birch Press, I Am Waiting Series, December 2014




Comments

Popular posts from this blog